This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enterprise unattended deployment of SSL VPN Client 2.10

Hallo,

I want to rollout the Sophos SSL VPN Client 2.10 to all Windows 7 computers as an unattended installation. I have the following questions:
- What are the comannd line parameters for the setup.exe?
- What are the comannd line parameters for the uninstall.exe?
- How can i add two VPN server configuration (UTMs)?

Any help is much apprieciated.
Frank

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Not sure about the first two questions, but your last question is simple. The config folder under the installation folder of the VPN client holds all the configs, every .ovpn file (and they can be in subfolders) will be selectable as an entry to vpn into.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Not sure about the first two questions, but your last question is simple. The config folder under the installation folder of the VPN client holds all the configs, every .ovpn file (and they can be in subfolders) will be selectable as an entry to vpn into.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
  • It's a bit tricky beacause of the unsigned tap driver that disturbs a silent install. So you have to extract the cert from the setup.exe (there is a howto to find by google - i don't remember how I did that) and import it prior to installation. Here is our AutoIt script to install:

#RequireAdmin

ShellExecuteWait("taskkill.exe", "/im openvpn* /f", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
    if FileExists("c:\services\astaro ssl vpn\uninstall.exe") Then
    RunWait("c:\services\astaro ssl vpn\uninstall.exe /S")
    EndIf
    Sleep(10000)
    RunWait (@ComSpec & " /c " & "certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher " & @ScriptDir & "\openvpnastarocert_der.cer", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)
    RunWait ("astaro_vpn_client_2_3.exe /S /D=c:\services\Astaro SSL VPN") //astaro_vpn_client_2_3.exe is a renamed setup.exe//
    RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\OpenVPN-GUI", "silent_connection", "REG_SZ", "0")

After that you can copy the userconfig folder to the installdirectory.

I hope that points you in the right direction.

Regards
    Manfred