This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSEC Site-To-Site VPN Slow

Hi,

I have an strange issue, When I download a file from internet I get the maximum speed of my ADSL connection (13Mbit) But when I download from my remote site using a IPSEC tunnel i only get 2-4Mbit per stream.
If I download via multiple streams every stream get 2-4Mbit and I can get the maximum speed.

The CPU is never close to maxed. Only 1-2%.

I have Path MTU enabled and also ECN on both sites. I have tried without also but the same result.

Anyone got an idea on what could be the cause of this?

Best Regards
Frank

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi BarryG,

I was perhaps misleading. This is a site-to-site configuration. One is an UTM v9.108 and on my side 9.195

The Encryption is AES256 and SHA512 with RSA 4096 bit key. We also use PFS group 16.

I don't think this is a performance issue since non of the machines have any load what so ever. I disabled all QoS on both machines but to no avail.

The funny part is that the first 10sec the speed is at max and then drops to 2-4mbit.
    To me this sounds like an buffer issue of some sort... but that is just a guess...

Best Regards
    Frank