This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error 734 the ppp link control protocol was terminated

hello,

I am trying to set up L2TP over IPSec VPN on an Astaro 120 version 8.309 and after fighting with authentication issues I can almost connect. At the part where is says registering computer on the network I am getting the following error: error 734 the ppp link control protocol was terminated when I try to connect This is on a windows 7 64 bit laptop.

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • That's not an Astaro error I recognize.  Are you sure that you're trying this with credentials that are also valid for your domain?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for the reply.

I think it might be more of a Windows error but I was wonering if anyone else in the Astaro community has seen it or know why. I thought it my be the credentials to but I am using RADIUS on the Astaro and I can login to the domain with them.
  • This generally occurs due to improper single-link settings or improper secured password settings. Follow these techniques to fix this error:

Enable PPTP Connection:
    This setting is basically related to your modem/ router. Change it through the default access page of your modem/ router to fix VPN PPP Link Control.

Do Not Negotiate Multi-Link for Single Link Connections:
    In your network settings, there is a feature called “Negotiate multi-link for single link connections”. Error 734 appears when it is enabled. To get rid of this error, please disable the feature.

For more details visit:
    Connect Error 734? Fix it Yourself With the