This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN client - can't ping internal network

Hey guys,
I know this issue has been beaten to death, but in all the threads I've searched, there is either no resolution posted, or I have tried all of the tests/checks suggested.
Using a home user firewall license, 8.102

I've set the VPN client up for other clients, but can not seem to get it to work on my network.  The client laptop is on a 192.168.2.x network, using default VPN pool addresses.

The client connects, and I can ping the astaro gateway (10.0.0.1), but can not ping any of my servers (10.0.0.10+) or any other devices on my network.  Web servers are nix based, so it's not a windows firewall issue.

I've looked at the packet filter log, and it shows nothing related to the vpn. The remote access settings are correct from what I can tell - my username allowed, to internal networks (10.0.0.x).  No WINS, DNS settings are set correctly, but I can handle DNS issues once I figure out the more important issues.  Made sure the auto-packet filter rule box was checked, etc.

Thank you for reading through this

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Try enabling firewall forwards pings.

Barry
  • Made that change, and still receiving the same results.  I re-downloaded the config files, just to eliminate the possibility of that issue.  Any other suggestions, or requests for other information?  I'm completely out of ideas.  I've even made sure I had the same settings as they appear on a functioning client-vpn/firewall combo (of course, with all dynamic information, ie addresses, adjusted appropriately.)
  • Made that change, and still receiving the same results.  I re-downloaded the config files, just to eliminate the possibility of that issue.  Any other suggestions, or requests for other information?  I'm completely out of ideas.  I've even made sure I had the same settings as they appear on a functioning client-vpn/firewall combo (of course, with all dynamic information, ie addresses, adjusted appropriately.)
Children
No Data