This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Need some help to understand Site2Site IPSec VPN

To begin, I got the Tunnel working, but I don't undersand why it work that way.

I wanted a Site to site VPN to my workplace. The VPN is a IPSec with X509 Certificate. 

What I have is a .p12 key which include my private key, and the CA Authority.

Usually on windows, you install the cert and then you create a L2TP over IPSec connection, and everything works.

On the ASG 

I started by installing My certificate, and added the certificate authority.

Then I created a Remote Gateway, that initiate the connection to my entreprise.

Auth. type is Remote X509 Certificate. VPN ID was set to Distinguished name with the parameter of my compagny certificate.

I also had to Change The Local X509 Certificate (in Advanced tab) to my private Certificate.

Why does this works.  It seem backward to me... I would have though that The Local X509 should have been left to the one ASG created, and that I would set the remote gateway's Auth Type to Local X509 Certificate, so it use my private key to authenticate...

Now that I had to change the The Local X509 Certificate (in Advanced tab) to my private certificate. (which only make sense to my company CA). I think that mean that i could not create another Site2Site VPN to another location?

Thanks [:)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.