This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

error 619 ???

I just setup my VPN connection, and I get a message error 
Error number 619, the specific port is not connected. 
What cause's this, its happened sevral times

Thanks

[size="1"][ 24 September 2002, 12:54: Message edited by: prblmchld31 ][/size]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Think we got this 619 error solved  .  Here is what we have done: 

Modify "options-default" file.  (You don't need to modify "options" file, per se.  One you have restarted  it will automatically copy the content from "option-default" to "options")
    Edit the file var/chroot-pptp/etc/ppp/options-default 
    and Put the following lines:

lcp-echo-failure        5 
    lcp-echo-interval       10 
    silent 

Restart mdw module.

The "lcp-echo-interval" controls how long the pppd has to send and echo request to make the connection alive.  Value 10 means "every 10 seconds". 

The "lcp-echo-failure" controls how many tries to keep sending "echo request" before terminating the line if server does not receive any reply from peer.  Value 5 means trying 5 times.  This means the line won't be terminated completely in 5 * 10 seconds.

These two parameters won't do anything good in terms of solving "Error 619".  Those two parameters are primarily for maintaining the established connection.  The "Error 619" is related to PPTP handshake problem.

The key thing is "silent" command.  Soon as I put this command in, then, the "Error 619" went away when I established VPN from DSL line.  The "silent" command puts the server in the mode that it will not attempt to initiate the LCP connection (wait passively) until a valid LCP packet is received from remote side.  Without this command, the server will attempt to initiate the connection, and as soon as it does not receive valid LCP packets from remote peer (due to the latency or slow Internet connection), the server will simply quite and exit.  Then, the dialer will get Error 619.