This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iPad OS 13.6 - OpenVPN - SSL VPN - DNS Problem

Hello I have this problem:

In our company we are using Sophos UTM 9 and SSL VPN. I bought new iPad Pro to my home and I would like to connect remotely to our company. So I download .ovpn file from sophos, download app OpenVPN to my iPad Pro and import .ovpn file to OpenVPN through iTunes and remote connection give me ip adress 10.242.2.X but I need to configure internal DNS server what should work only when I am on VPN. How to do it on iPad, can I edit .ovpn file to add DNS manually? Thank you so much.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I got tip too add this (dhcp-option DNS 10.11.12.13) to ovpn file but where exactly?  This is top of ovpn file under this was certificates only.

# OVPN_ACCESS_SERVER_USERNAME=skryja

client
    dev tun
    proto tcp
    remote nm.schwartz-plastic.cz 4445
    ;verify-x509-name "C=cz, L=NMNM, O=Schwartz GmbH, CN=stpcr-fw-001, emailAddress=helpdesk@schwartz-plastic.com"
    ;route remote_host 255.255.255.255 net_gateway
    resolv-retry infinite
    nobind
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    auth-user-pass
    cipher AES-256-CBC
    auth MD5
    comp-lzo
    route-delay 4
    verb 3
    reneg-sec 86400

• Ahoj Jiri,

It's the UTM's SSL VPN server that pushes the DNS address to the user.  Just fill in the 'Advanced' tab in 'Remote Access >> SSL VPN' and you will get what you need.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ahoj Jiri,

It's the UTM's SSL VPN server that pushes the DNS address to the user.  Just fill in the 'Advanced' tab in 'Remote Access >> SSL VPN' and you will get what you need.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data