This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Open VPN 3.2.1 works on Android 10 ( Samsung S9 ) but not ChromebookOS 83.0.4103.97

We have an HA pair of Sophos XG firewalls running 17.5.12 MR-12 and have about 20 users who connect to it using an SSL-VPN.

Most of our users are running Windows 10 and use the Sophos SSL-VPN client and these are trouble free.

We have a few users running Chromebooks who are now experiencing problems with the VPN. The SSL-VPN connections were working in mid March when we first set them up ( we dont' have records of the software versions in use then ) but now they fail.

Testing with a Chromebook ( fully updated ) running ChromeOS 83.0.4103.97 and the OpenVPN client V3.2.1 and when I connect to the Sophos XG I lose all networking!

On the Chromebook I can run network diagnostics and it gives me the following information:

• MAC: none ( reasonable for a virtual interface )
  • IP Address: 100.115.92.2 - this is part of the RFC 6598 Shared Address Space
  • Subnet mask: 255.255.255.255 - odd to say the least, 1 network of 1 device
  • Gateway: 100.115.92.2 - same as the IP address
  • DNS: 0.0.0.0,0.0.0.0,0.0.0.0,0.0.0.0 - not much use

None of these networking values make any sense!

The exact same profile works on my Samsung S9 running Android 10 phone using the same Open VPN V3.2.1 client and the IP addresses I get as are expected given the configuration of the SSL-VPN on the Sohpos XG.

Any thoughts?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.