This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote Access Login with UPN or SamAccountName

Hello,

we use the SSL Remote Access for Users logging into our company. Right now user log in via SamAccountName (firstname.lastname).

We would like users to log in via the UPN. (firstname.lastname@company.tld), which is the same as the mail address.

It would would be perfect if users could use UPN or SamAccount. If that is not possible I would like the users to use their UPN as username.

Is this possible? And if it is, how?

Thanks,

Andreas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello GP_Andreas,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community. It is possible to have users accessing using the UPN by following the steps below.

Sometimes users should be required to use the User Principal Name notation 'user@domain' when entering their credentials, for example when using Exchange servers in combination with Active Directory servers.

• Clone the desired server to start a new server
    • Change Backend to LDAP
    • Change User Attribute to >
    • Enter userPrincipalname into Custom field.

If not present already, this will set up a 'LDAP Users' group which you will have to use instead of the 'Active Directory Users' group.

Note – The format domain\user is not supported. Use the format user@domain instead.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hallo Andreas and welcome to the UTM Community!

Emmanuel told you how to achieve what you want to do.  I wouldn't do what you've asked.  I would sync the users from your current LDAP or Active Directory server and simply allow them to login using their Windows credentials.  For additional security, I would consider also using One-Time Passwords.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA