This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN GUI does not permit more than 50 configurations

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the Remote SSL Access using the Sophos SSL VPN Client.

In the current COVID-19 situation, a large number of users in our society use telework.

We use the Sophos SSL VPN Client for this and we have dedicated teleworking machines where are stored the ovpn configuration files of all employees (the machines can be exchanged and this greatly facilitates the process).

However, we cannot go beyond 50 configurations. When the SSL VPN Client is launched, we have a warning message : "SSL VPN GUI does not permit to have more than 50 configurations. Contact the author if you need more".

After click OK, only the 50 first configurations are visible.

Is there any way to extend this?

I have already think to create only one ovpn file which group all the certs for the needed users but it seems not possible on Sophos UTM.

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance and take all care of you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • While it might indeed easy for setting up multiple identical machines I wouldn't do it this way because everyone has access to everyone else's certificates and private keys. Also upon connecting the list to choose from is quite large which is not user friendly.

If your users are allowed to install software themselves (local administrator) then they could just download their personal config including the setup program from the user portal and install it.

If they are not local admin (which I think is better), you can either have the helpdesk install the setup file for them or use another OpenVPN client (like the one from OpenVPN self). Install this as administrator and all your users have to do is download their own config (without the setup) from user portal and place it inside their profile directory on the computer.

This way the user only right clicks on the VPN-icon and then just needs to click Connect (there's not even choice for which user since there's only one).

In our company we choose for the first option as there's already a bit of administration to be done on each computer before it goes to the intended user. Simply downloading the right config file from webadmin and installing it while setting everything up and finishing al the administration doesn't cost too much time especially given that it usually only needs to be done once per user.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Hi apijnappels,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Our users are not local administrators and the local profile on the telework machines only allows to launch the VPN connection. We'll work with an alternative openvpn client. We have remote access on all computers so we can put the configuration for every user.

Thank you!

• Hi apijnappels,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Our users are not local administrators and the local profile on the telework machines only allows to launch the VPN connection. We'll work with an alternative openvpn client. We have remote access on all computers so we can put the configuration for every user.

Thank you!

Children
No Data