This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Distributing ovpn file via SCCM

Hi, all:

I want to prevent my users to log into the users portal to download the ovpn profile in order o connect via SSL VPN. I have installed the VPN client software in all workstations and now I want to push the .ovpn file to each workstation via SCCM. 

Just to probe everithing, I've logged in to the admin portal and navigate to an user, select it and download the ovpn profile. Then I'm trying to use it in a workstation but it fails. If I look intoo the .ovpn file it seems that the private key field is missing. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be possible that my admin user hasn't have enought rights in the portal to download a fully functional ovpn file? Or am I completly wrong and is not posible to distribute the ovpn file this way?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't have experience with SCCM, but I would think this should work.  If your UTM username has admin rights, you should be able to do this.

I just tested and the private key was included in the .ovpn file.  Have you tried with a different user?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA