This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

By which interface the vpn ssl passes

Hello;
I currently have two Sophos routers connected in site-to-site SSL VPN.
We would like to know by which interface the client router connects, because on the server router there are two WANs.

best regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Yannick and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since it's the client side that initiates the connection, it attempts only to reach the FQDN that is the hostname of the server UTM.  Or only the override hostname if that option has been specified.

Normally, I would suggest making the side with two WANs the server instead of the client.  Then, in the client with two WANs, prefer one over the other with a Multipath rule.  Now, if that WAN connection goes down, the UTM will attempt to re-establish using the other WAN connection.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salut Yannick and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since it's the client side that initiates the connection, it attempts only to reach the FQDN that is the hostname of the server UTM.  Or only the override hostname if that option has been specified.

Normally, I would suggest making the side with two WANs the server instead of the client.  Then, in the client with two WANs, prefer one over the other with a Multipath rule.  Now, if that WAN connection goes down, the UTM will attempt to re-establish using the other WAN connection.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data