This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS transport error only when trying to connect to SSL VPN through wifi. LTE remote access works flawlessly.

I am running UTM 9.6. I have an incredibly bizarre problem...

I have setup an SSL VPN on the UTM mainly so that I can have encryption and use the webfilter when I am at a public wifi hotspot. I have followed the guide to create the remote access profile, and have downloaded the OPVN profile on my phone and I can connect PERFECTLY through my wireless device's LTE connection, but OpenVPn cannot connect to the VPN when I am on my wifi at home. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the openVPN app on my device or the UTM. While attempting to connect through wifi I receive a DNS transport error. I know the DDNS hostname is correct and working because the SSL VPN log on the UTM shows a successful connection everytime from my phones LTE connection. And an online whios resolves the FQDN. But as soon as I switch over to wifi, I receive the DNS transport error and here's the odd part:

Sometimes I can only connect through wifi if I IMMEDIATELY switch from LTE to wifi without disconnecting the VPN. But if I turn off LTE then turn on wifi it won't connect. I can successfully ping the UTM gateway from the phone and wifi works flawlessly but for whatever reason this device will not connect to the VPN while using wifi.

There is no logs on the UTM after receiving the DNS transport error. No logs in the wireless protection, DHCP, VPN, webfilter, or firewall so I think this is an issue with the configuration somehow or the phone itself, or the openVPN app. 

The full error is:

transport error: DNS resolve error on (my FQDN) for TCP session: Host not found (authoritative)

EVENT: Disconnected

EVENT: core_thread_inactive

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data