Sophos AP/APX users may experience issues registering to Sophos Central. More info available here: Central Wireless
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
I'm running a pilot for about fifteen users on the Sophos SSL VPN. Most of the users work fine but a handful (including myself) are finding that access does not work all the time on certain networks. I have a laptop with the Sophos SSL VPN client installed and when on my home broadband I generally cannot get it to connect (very occasionally it works). If I reconnect my laptop to my mobile phone hotspot I get straight on every time. This tells me it's nothing to do with the laptop configuration but for some reason my home broadband is unreliable at connecting. I'm on a good internet connection at home so can't see any problem with that. I thought maybe it might be my ISP blocking the VPN but when I try with our old VPN that we are migrating off (Cisco AnyConnect connecting to a Cisco ASA) there are no problem (and have never been any). I have a few users experiencing exactly the same symptoms and the are on different ISPs. Here's a screen shot of the Sophos client log while connecting.
I'm at a loss to the cause but it will be a showstopper for migrating if I can't resolve. Any suggestions to troubleshoot?
Hi Colin and welcome to the UTM Community!
Hmmm - an uncommon problem, indeed. You're right, it does look like your broadband network is unreliable. First, let's get some details...
In any case, if this is a trial, you should have access to a Sophos pre-sales engineer at no charge. Not only are most very good, they also have access to the highest levels of the support staff.
Cheers - Bob
In reply to BAlfson:
Thanks for the welcome to the UTM Community.
In answer to your questions:
In reply to Colin Fraser:
I would definitely get in touch with Sophos pre-sales, Colin.
Hi Bob. So I've just spent a couple of hours with Sophos support.
We tried a different interface. Still not working.
We tried a different port (8443)......it worked. So I'm going to arrange to get a new connection files pushed out the pilot users and we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the helpful advice.