This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generic ovpn config file

Using the Sophos SSL VPN Client, is it possible to have a generic config file so any authorized user can login via the vpn client?

We have mobile tablets that are used by many different users and to add each individual user config will become a management nightmare.  So, is there a way to just have a user authenticate with their username and password without having a separate config file for each user?

Thank you

Mark

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This has been discussed previously on this forum.    The recommended process is:

• System administrator downloads and installs the VPN client components, which requires privilege.
    • System administrator lowers protection on the configuration folder (only) so that non-privileged users can update it, C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config
    • Users log into the portal and download the key-update program and run it.   This adds their credentials to the configuration folder.
    • System administator removes old credentials when a laptop is turned in, or on another schedule that is acceptable to the organization.
  • This has been discussed previously on this forum.    The recommended process is:

• System administrator downloads and installs the VPN client components, which requires privilege.
    • System administrator lowers protection on the configuration folder (only) so that non-privileged users can update it, C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config
    • Users log into the portal and download the key-update program and run it.   This adds their credentials to the configuration folder.
    • System administator removes old credentials when a laptop is turned in, or on another schedule that is acceptable to the organization.
Children
  • I agree on this being the best solution, but TS was specifically saying:

We have mobile tablets that are used by many different users and to add each individual user config will become a management nightmare

In my opinion it's either everyone using the same account (which I would never allow) or choose another VPN protocol. I don't think the SSL solution can work without the user certificates.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.