This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I connect to a Sophos UTM9 SG210 that sits behind a Comcast Business Gateway?

Hi There,

First of all the Windows Server is not part of a domain it's just in a workgroup and had no domain name associated with it.

The Sophos UTM9 is at 192.168.16.1 on the internal network, the UTM is providing DHCP, all 192.168.16.xxx numbers.

Want to provide VPN connectivity through a Sophos UTM9 SG210 that sits behind a Comcast Business Gateway.

The Sophos WAN Interface is 10.1.10.10 which it's getting from the Comcast box DHCP Pool.

So I would want to connect to the WAN IP of the Comcast router correct?

If I try to forward port 443 for Cisco Anyconnect to 192.168.16.1 address it says that's invalid.

NAT is turned off completely.

The Sophos is in transparent mode.

Nobody seems to mind as they just access their PC's using Teamviewer, but I'd like to provide a VPN option if possible.

I know it would be better/easier if the Sophos was the edge device...

The furthest I got last night and I don't even remember how was getting an invalid domain name when connecting. 

I set everything back the way it was for now.

I'm not set on any one way of connecting, I suppose whatever would be the easiest given the setup.

Thanks,

M.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

The way if you use Sophos Remote Access SSL VPN: 

you Need to create a rule on your Router to Forward traffic to the Sophos UTM Port 10.1.10.10 with the SSL port configured in your remote Access/SSL/Settings Menu.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

Sophos Certified Architect - UTM

• Okay I got the Sophos VPN client, but its trying to connect to SophosSG210 which of course doesn't exist because there is no web domain.

I tried the IP, but still getting a proxy error.

• You're getting a proxy error?  Where and from what?  Yes, you will need a NAT rule in the Comcast.

Cheers - Bob

PS I'm surprised you can't get the Business Gateway into bridge mode.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You're getting a proxy error?  Where and from what?  Yes, you will need a NAT rule in the Comcast.

Cheers - Bob

PS I'm surprised you can't get the Business Gateway into bridge mode.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data