This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 135 cluster to AWS - BGP - Creating Redunancy for multiple Internet Connections at On Premise Data Center

Background:

I have two SG135 firewalls set up in a Active\Passive hot standby configuration. 

Connected to each of these firewalls is two internet connections.

Fiber - Primary 

Broadband - Secondary.

I have connected by Sophos cluster to AWS via the Amazon VPC tab using BGP and the download file from AWS.  Everything is working great and I can see two connections listed from AWS with two different AWS public IP addresses.  My question is:  In AWS it specifies my primary on premise fiber IP in the AWS "customer gateway" as that was the address I used for my hardware VPN when I created the VPC.  No where in AWS under "Customer Gateway" do I see my secondary broadband public IP address listed.  

I'm wondering how AWS will stay connected to my on premise network if my primary internet connection goes down?  Onsite I have had primary internet failures from time to time and the sophos flips over to the secondary connection seemlessly.  I'm not sure AWS can stay connected during a primary internet failure if it doesn't have my secondary IP listed somewhere?  Am I missing something easy here or do I need to create some additional configuration in AWS referencing my second on premise public IP?  

If anyone could point me in the direction of a guide or has done this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Dan, have you asked about this over on Amazon's AWS forum?  I haven't seen this discussed here before.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA