This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Troubleshooting SSL VPN Connection UTM 9.5

Good afternoon folks,

I hope someone can help me here...

We use SG210 Firewalls and have a 'guest' wifi set up on it with no content filtering on it (the policies are all set to allow all traffic our). However I had a visitor here the other day who wished to connect back to his office via his SSL VPN. Coincidentally his company also use Sophos firewalls (XG). However when he tried to connect to his VPN he got a 'host not found' error. I also get the same error if I connect to this wifi network and attempt to connect to our own VPN.

Both VPN's worked fine when connecting off a hotspot created from a mobile phone.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? The errer clearly points to DNS issues... We have our own internal DNS and googles DNS (8.8.8.8) configured in the firewalls.

This is a particular nuisance for me as when our users have issues connecting from home, I'm unable to test our VPN connection from within the office, without creating ahotspot from my phone and eating my data allowance!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Darren and welcome to the UTM Community!

Lots of possibilities - let's start with a picture of the 'Server Settings' box from 'Remote Access >> SSL VPN'.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I moved this thread to here from the General Discussion forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Darren and welcome to the UTM Community!

Lots of possibilities - let's start with a picture of the 'Server Settings' box from 'Remote Access >> SSL VPN'.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I moved this thread to here from the General Discussion forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children