This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow access to specific devices when connected through vpn

I want a specific user only to connect to some devices when he is connected to the network with vpn.

I create a new SSL VPN profile, and only add this user and de devices in the network section.

When I started I used the automatic firewall rule option. But then it was possible to connect to all devices in the network. So I unchecked the option an made firewall-rules to allow this user the communicate to the specific devices.

But still it was possible to connect to all devices.

Than I saw when I used the option to show all firewall rules the automatic created rules are still there…

I try to remove all SSL VPN profiles, but the rules still exists!

How can I fix this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hoi Pieter and welcome to the UTM Community!

A user does not connect to a Profile.  The user connects to the OpenVPN server.  The server checks all Profiles to see what the user is allowed to access.  For example, you might have a user that is in both an "Infrastructure" group and a "Human Resources" group.  When he's logged into the server, he would be allowed to access things allowed to both groups.  Think of Profiles as "additive."

I've not seen automatic firewall rules remain after the underlying object was deleted.  Are they still there after a reboot?  How about a picture of one?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hoi Pieter and welcome to the UTM Community!

A user does not connect to a Profile.  The user connects to the OpenVPN server.  The server checks all Profiles to see what the user is allowed to access.  For example, you might have a user that is in both an "Infrastructure" group and a "Human Resources" group.  When he's logged into the server, he would be allowed to access things allowed to both groups.  Think of Profiles as "additive."

I've not seen automatic firewall rules remain after the underlying object was deleted.  Are they still there after a reboot?  How about a picture of one?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data