This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote SSL Domains

Hello,

I am using Viscosity to connect via Remote SSL to Sophos UTM.

At work we have two domains, one of our internal ad-domain, and one remote system, which is it's own network/domain. Doesn't have trust or anything to do with the local network. Merely DNS, which has static entries to the IP-Adresses in the remote domain (there is an VPN tunnel between remote network and our local network, to be clear).

Now, in the UTM, I can enter a Domain in Advanced section of Remote SSL, along with DNS servers. However, I can only enter one Domain, for instance my internal. When I connect through remote though, the connection log states: Server - my dns server, Lookup Type - Split, Domains: internal.company.com.

If I then try to reach the remote domain, it doesn't find it. Only if I enter BOTH domains in Viscosity-App, only then will it go for both domains through the DNS-Servers at work, which are provided from the UTM.

Now, I would like to do this centrally, I don't want to have to enter both domains in the VPN clients, but I would rather have OpenVPN handle it, and tell the client to use the two DNS servers at work to look up two domains. How can I set that with Sophos? I figured I can't just enter domain1.com, domain2.com into Domain field in the Sophos, so is there another solution? Basically I want to push settings from the Sophos, rather than to have set up the two domains on each vpn-client.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Unless you're a wizard with iptables, you won't be able to accomplish this.  Do cc get remote_access advanced as root at the command line and you'll see that all of the values are scalars and thus cannot be assigned multiple values.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Unless you're a wizard with iptables, you won't be able to accomplish this.  Do cc get remote_access advanced as root at the command line and you'll see that all of the values are scalars and thus cannot be assigned multiple values.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data