This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Many Sophos UTM 9 issues

Team,

Working with Sophos has been frustrating. I have inherited Sophos UTM 9 and have had nothing but issues. We have 13 office locations in all, long story short when setting up each new office we setup a new Sophos’s firewall and use a back-up from a working unit out in the field.  However after we configure it with that office location IP it fails to work appropriately which results to calling Sopho’s support for another 2.5 hour phone call. Each time it’s a different setting even though we took that configuration from a working unit. We currently have 2 units now that can’t communicate to our domain now. Again, compared a correctly working unit to the newly installed one and to no avail cant connect to our domain. This is not good and is a HUGE time suck. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a known bug? Please help!

David

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Comparing your post to the recent discussion about disaster recovery, I am guessing that license issues may contribute to the problem.   Suggest you try this test sequence:

1. Create a normal backup of the reference system?
    2. Delete the license
    3. Create the reference image backup without a license
    4. Reapply the license or restore the backup
    5. Use the no-license backup for replication.
  • Comparing your post to the recent discussion about disaster recovery, I am guessing that license issues may contribute to the problem.   Suggest you try this test sequence:

1. Create a normal backup of the reference system?
    2. Delete the license
    3. Create the reference image backup without a license
    4. Reapply the license or restore the backup
    5. Use the no-license backup for replication.
Children
No Data