This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We are writing to notify you that Sophos has changed the hourly pricing on the following instance types for Sophos UTM 9.

This is really stupid.

We are writing to notify you that Sophos has changed the hourly pricing on the following instance types for Sophos UTM 9.

t1.micro – Previous: $0.00/hour

t1.micro - New: price $0.10/hour

There still isn't an official HVM version of this appliance and now Sophos wants to charge for a crappy paravirtual appliance. I'm not complaining because I use c4 instances so I'm paying anyway. However, I think this will turn-off any potential customers wanting to try out Sophos UTM on AWS.

Also, putting aside the benefits of HVM over paravirtual, for those that don't know, if you need to use EBS encryption on your instances, you must use at a minimum of m3.medium ($0.073/hour - Ireland) since t1.micro is not supported. 

Source: docs.aws.amazon.com/.../EBSEncryption.html

How about making an HVM version and charge $0.10/hour and leave the paravirtual one at $0.00/hour?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Dear c53f35a0,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Full HVM support has been introduced with version 9.409 at the beginning of January. Please see the release notes for further details.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Nicolas Dürr

Product Owner IaaS