This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Too Many Backups!!!

Hello All,

I recently deployed a Standalone UTM instance with a cold standby using the AWS Cloudformation template and I have noticed that my unit is constantly backing up to S3 (about every 5 minutes). Is there a way to tune this? I have auto backups disabled in the web console but I suspect this is a configuration elsewhere as it is still backing up.

Thanks in advance.

Jordan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jordan and welcome to the UTM Community!

I would get a case opened with Sophos Support - please tell us what you learn!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • In HA and autoscaling solutions, backups get generated and sent to S3 every 5 minutes.  This is so if a new instance needs to get spun up, that instance can have a current version of the configuration applied to it.  These backups are visible under the backups section in the Webadmin.  They're no cause for concern though as they aren't retained on the UTM long-term (no worry about partitions filling up).  Theoretically you can change this value if you so desire by modifying the value in the Cloudformation template but Support does not recommend doing this.

Tim

• In HA and autoscaling solutions, backups get generated and sent to S3 every 5 minutes.  This is so if a new instance needs to get spun up, that instance can have a current version of the configuration applied to it.  These backups are visible under the backups section in the Webadmin.  They're no cause for concern though as they aren't retained on the UTM long-term (no worry about partitions filling up).  Theoretically you can change this value if you so desire by modifying the value in the Cloudformation template but Support does not recommend doing this.

Tim

Children
No Data