This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Used SG115 with Home License?

Hello Sophos community! New member here with a quick question. I have a home license for UTM that I was going to virtualize but have since decided that I wanted it to run on separate hardware. So the question is if I purchased a used SG115 that does not have a license attached to it, can I replace it with my home license and everything will work great?

I found another topic that is pretty much identical to my question but wanted to add the qualifier of me buying this product used just to make sure.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey, Nathan.

It's possible, but not as easy as you think. You can accomplish this in two ways:

- Reimage your device with the Software version of UTM. Visit this page and download "UTM v9 software appliance" version. For instructions on how to install from a USB stick on a hardware appliance, see this page. After reimaging the SG115 with this version you should be able to load your home license.

- Tweak SG115 existent install with the instructions from here. Basically you'll need to SSH (or console) into the SG115 and edit one configuration file and rename one file. After a reboot you should be able to load a home license.

I've done both, and both have worked in the past. Haven't done it on 9.5 though, but it should still work.

Regards,

Giovani

• Excellent, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I knew the steps involved and I'm very comfortable doing it.

Thank you for chiming!

Reply Children
No Data