This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Filter Category Not Showing up?

Hello Everyone,

I have run into something Odd...Maybe you have to and can help....

I had talked with Sophos paid support and got info and help with setting up my web Protection. Just talking to someone about it does help.

Now on to the crazy part. He created a new filter category and it shows up.

I created 2 filter Categories and they do show up under categories, that is not the problem.

The problem is when I go to Web Protection -> Filtering Options -> Websites and put in a website to recatagorize it the two that I made do not show up...the one he did however does??

Anyone else run into this? I believe I have rebooted the system since talking with him, but maybe I haven't. Any thoughts on this little weird issue.

Trying to get things done before school starts and this kind of puts a kink in a few things I am trying to do. I have another way to do it but a long way. This would help alot better if I could see them here.

Any help in this weird matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well after looking at it more closely now that i have one thing off my plate i noticed that it is pulling the Sub-Categories from the list and not the Categories themselves.....

He named the Category the same as one of the Sub Categories...so this is where the confusion comes in....is there a way to create a sub-category????

This would be really helpful...especially for sub categories like Local Allow and Local Block.

If not I guess I will keep doing it the way I need to.

Thanks

• If you decide to rearrange subcategories, be careful to ensure that they are in one and only one supercategory.

They best approximation of a locally defined subcategory is tags.  For example, you may want the  "school cheating" category in its own group.

You can achieve what you want with Tags.  Create tags such as PolicyAllow and PolicyBlock, then apply them to specific websites using Webste Exceptions.  Then specify a tag-based action within the desired Filter Actions.

• If you decide to rearrange subcategories, be careful to ensure that they are in one and only one supercategory.

They best approximation of a locally defined subcategory is tags.  For example, you may want the  "school cheating" category in its own group.

You can achieve what you want with Tags.  Create tags such as PolicyAllow and PolicyBlock, then apply them to specific websites using Webste Exceptions.  Then specify a tag-based action within the desired Filter Actions.

Children
No Data