This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

which log is best for network definition changes

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a remote syslog setup and need to know which log would contain the appropriate information for changes made to network definitions within Sophos UTM 9.

For example (when I've enabled the configuration daemon and device agent logs), when I drag a Network to a Network group and save the new config, the logged event information I currently get doesn't accurately show what was changed and looks similiar to :

attr_members="['REF_XXX','REFXXX2', REF...`

(where REF_XXX look like the networks added to the group)

Any ideas whether these are the only outputs to be expected or can another log show more detailed and user friendly output for changes made?

Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Jav, and welcome to the UTM Community!

You want the confd log.  If you don't see what you need there, you also can check the confd-debug log. Also, see https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/general-discussion/76880/are-the-changes-that-i-make-logged

At the command line of the UTM, you can see all WebAdmin changes instead of the last 20 sessions (resident genius teched_01 offered this two years ago) enter the following as a single line:

psql reporting -U reporting -c "SELECT confd_sessions.*, confd_nodes.* FROM confd_sessions INNER JOIN confd_nodes ON confd_sessions.sid = confd_nodes.sid WHERE confd_sessions.facility = 'webadmin';"

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you Bob and thanks for the comprehensive response.

I've been using the Web UI for UTM 9. Although I know confd is the config file for linux based systems, could you clarify if this is the same as what is listed in the Web UI as the configuration daemon?

If that is the case, I already have this selected but I don't seem to getting the correct event information in this.

• That's the right one, Jav.  What information is not correct?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA