This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After namechange of Company need new CA

Hi,

after a namechange of our Company need new CA for "Webadmin Certificate"

What i did:

Management -> System Setings -> Organizational Information (changed to new Name)

Remote Access -> Cerificate Management -> Regenerate Signing CA (but that´s only vor VPN)

Webserver Protection -> Certificate Management -> Regenerate Signing CA (shows same text as VPN )

Management -> Webadmin Settings -> HTTPS Certificate -> Re-generate WebAdmin Certificate

New CA Only gives me the Option to upload a new CA.

Is there no option to create a new CA out-of-the-box like when i installed the System?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Is there anyone from SOPHOS who can say that this is a supported way which i also found in the community:

For WebAdmin:

To regenerate the CA proceed as follows:
    1.Login to the shell of the UTM first as loginuser and then get root: su -
    2.Now type in the following command to open the ConfdClient: cc
    3.Within the ConfdClient type use the command: RAW
    4.Now regenerate the CA with:

ca_generate_signing_ca({name=>'webadmin ca', key_size=>2048, country=>'CountryAcronym', state=>'StateName', city=>'CityName', organization=>'OrganizationName', common_name=>'UTMhostname', email=>'mailaddress@maildomain.com'})

Note: Adapt the country, state, city, organization, common_name and email strings to your own UTM settings (country field must be in caps - eg. CA, DE)

The result should be result: 'REF_CaSigWebadminCa2'

5.Next step is to switch to Main Mode: MAIN
    6.Navigate to: webadmin
    7.Now type in: ca$
    8.The last step is to assign the new CA to the WebAdmin with: =REF_CaSigWebadminCa2
    Note: The result should be 1.

Next step is to re-generate the certificate for WebAdmin with the new CA, proceed as follows:
    1.Navigate to 'Management | WebAdmin Settings | HTTPS Certificate'.
    2.In the area Re-generate WebAdmin certificate click 'Apply'.

The WebAdmin certificate will be regenerated. Your UTM will reload automatically and you will have to re-login.

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/management-networking-logging-and-reporting/34385/cannot-regenerate-webadmin-ca

• Is there anyone from SOPHOS who can say that this is a supported way which i also found in the community:

For WebAdmin:

To regenerate the CA proceed as follows:
    1.Login to the shell of the UTM first as loginuser and then get root: su -
    2.Now type in the following command to open the ConfdClient: cc
    3.Within the ConfdClient type use the command: RAW
    4.Now regenerate the CA with:

ca_generate_signing_ca({name=>'webadmin ca', key_size=>2048, country=>'CountryAcronym', state=>'StateName', city=>'CityName', organization=>'OrganizationName', common_name=>'UTMhostname', email=>'mailaddress@maildomain.com'})

Note: Adapt the country, state, city, organization, common_name and email strings to your own UTM settings (country field must be in caps - eg. CA, DE)

The result should be result: 'REF_CaSigWebadminCa2'

5.Next step is to switch to Main Mode: MAIN
    6.Navigate to: webadmin
    7.Now type in: ca$
    8.The last step is to assign the new CA to the WebAdmin with: =REF_CaSigWebadminCa2
    Note: The result should be 1.

Next step is to re-generate the certificate for WebAdmin with the new CA, proceed as follows:
    1.Navigate to 'Management | WebAdmin Settings | HTTPS Certificate'.
    2.In the area Re-generate WebAdmin certificate click 'Apply'.

The WebAdmin certificate will be regenerated. Your UTM will reload automatically and you will have to re-login.

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/management-networking-logging-and-reporting/34385/cannot-regenerate-webadmin-ca

Children
  • Patrick, check out The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz and the trick mentioned in it.  In my opinion, that's the right way to change the name of your UTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA