This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM replaced by Sophos but old UTM still shows in the SUM. How do I remove it if it is no longer able to communicate with the SUM?

Sophos replaced all of our UTMs earlier this year and for most of our locations everything looks good in the SUM.  The old devices are no longer there.  However, for one of our sites, you can still see the old UTM and there is a VPN tunnel configured with that old UTM.  We cannot remove the old UTM because of the existing VPN tunnel and we cannot disalbe, modify, or delete the existing VPN tunnel because the device cannot communicate with the SUM.  The device was returned to Sophos on RMA months ago.  

How can we remove the old device from the SUM if it is no longer able to communicate with the SUM?

We're trying to switch to a new public IP at that site and were unable to re-establish communication with the SUM on the new device after making the switch over.  Our consultant helping us with the switch over believes it may be due to that old UTM entry on the SUM.  I'm not sure if that's indeed what was causing the issue or not but I'd like to get the old UTM out of the SUM regardless.  I also found this KB article that may be related to why the new UTM wasn't communicating with the SUM, but again not 100% sure if it's relevant or not:  https://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/115722.aspx

This thread was automatically locked due to age.