This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Proxy autoconfiguration file not updated in filesystem after pushing it from SUM

Helly everyone!

We are managing our proxy autoconfiguration settings in SUM.

Now we had to add an URL for proxy bypass and pushed it to our 8 UTM firewalls out there. They all have version 9.510.

Every firewall now shows the additional line under Web Protection - Filtering Options - Misc - Proxy-Autoconfiguration.

Our 7 branch offices now work with this exception. The UTM at our headquarter shows the change in Webadmin, but if you download the file manually over http://hostname.domain:3128/wpad.dat the added change is missing. At the branch UTMs the downloaded file shows the change.

Is there anything i am missing? How could it be, that the change is visible in Webadmin, but the file isn't?

Greetings, SR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo SR and welcome tot he UTM Community!

I'm not "seeing" the situation, perhaps you could show pictures of the Edits of the relevant configurations.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Moved this thread to the SUM forum

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

I'm not "seeing" the situation, perhaps you could show pictures of the Edits of the relevant configurations.

The problem seems to be solved. We just toggled the Web Protection Button to off and on again. Then the wpad.dat on the main UTM was recreated and now the changes are active.

### Here are the screenshots

We added this line on our SUM in configuration for the PAC-file. It was deployed to all UTMs.

In webadmin under Web Protection - Misc the line was visible in Proxy autoconfiguration section:

But on the clients it hasn't worked, so we downloaded the wpad.dat file manually with a browser over
    http://<ipaddressUTM>:3128/wpad.dat
    and there we saw, that the added line was missing and so the clients still connected through proxy and not direct.