This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to import definitions

While trying to import definitions from my UTM9 devices I receive the following error:

malformed UTF-8 character in JSON string, at character offset 91455 (before "\x{32805a6e}wahl in ...") at /wfe/acc/modules/acc_misc.pm line 2098.

unfortunately I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue. The logfiles of the SUM is not giving any valuable information. I reckon a German special character in one of the UTM devices configuration, but I have no idea how to search for the same over all devices.

Anybody had the same issue before? Any idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Stev

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Stev and welcome to the UTM Community!

This error was reported in only a single thread here started over two years ago.  What does Sophos Support say about this?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

thank your for replying. So far, I was not in contact with Sophos Support. Do you have a link to the old post you mentioned? I couldn't find the same.

Thanks Stev

• Google site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f "malformed UTF-8 character in JSON string"

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA