This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 15 additional interface setup possible?

We have a RED15w in a standard/unified configuration connected to an XG. There is a corp WiFi and guest WiFi broadcast from the RED15w.

Port A interface on the XG is 10.0.1.4/24.

RED interface is 192.168.18.1/24

There is a wired printer connected to the RED interface. WiFi is not an option.

GuestAP interface is 10.255.0.1/24

Question: Can we create an additional interface on the RED and attach the local printer to it so that both networks could access (print)?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tim,

You can easily add an additional interface from Interfaces & routing > Interfaces > Additional Interfaces > Add; select the RED interface. If that's not the answer to your question, please elaborate more so that we can help.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks for the reply. I am seeing that option but was expecting to be able to scope it to one port on the red (for the ethernet cable of the printer). I believe as it stands right now, all of the ports on the RED are a part of the 192.168.18.1/24 network. I was expecting to be able to devote a port for this new interface. If I add the interface on the RED as you suggest, what would be the next step? Does it become another interface much like a VLAN interface becomes LAN 1.VLAN?

• Hey Tim.

AFAIK, RED15 is not able to treat ports individually. All RED15 ports are bridged together, so it only passes local traffic and and traffic to and from the UTM. With RED50 you would probably be able to do what you want.

That being said, I take it your GuestAP is a separated zone, right? Since you are using standard/unified mode, I think you could try to allow the guest network to communicate with the printer IP on the private LAN 192.168.18.0/24 trough firewall rules. Your UTM should already know how to route traffic from the GuestAp to the private network, you only need to allow it.

Regards,

Giovani

• Hey Tim.

AFAIK, RED15 is not able to treat ports individually. All RED15 ports are bridged together, so it only passes local traffic and and traffic to and from the UTM. With RED50 you would probably be able to do what you want.

That being said, I take it your GuestAP is a separated zone, right? Since you are using standard/unified mode, I think you could try to allow the guest network to communicate with the printer IP on the private LAN 192.168.18.0/24 trough firewall rules. Your UTM should already know how to route traffic from the GuestAp to the private network, you only need to allow it.

Regards,

Giovani

Children
No Data