This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

need help understanding/setting up RED device at home

Hi

We have a red device we want to setup on a foreign network in order to allow access to ours. In order to understand the configuration and how to securely connect i have been trying to get it working at my home.

I have been following the information here : https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/116573

but so far i haven't managed much in term of connection.

The only way i got the red online so far is if i choose Standard/Unified but the interface is constantly showing down  :

On the dhcp section of said article the interface home test doesn't appear at all.

Worst of all is i need to get this working as a transparent/split mode but as soon as i do this the device get disconnected and never come back online, until i switch back to standard/unified.
This always fail with the same error :
2017:12:25-22:33:22 fw-2 red2ctl[4543]: Missing keepalive from reds2:0, disabling peer 

i thought this would be a rather quick and easy setup to do before we deploy on a network we have no control over (yet)
Let me know your thoughts about this or if i missed any information

Thanks

Jerome

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In the RED definition in the UTM at work, choose DHCP instead of Fixed IP and Transparent/Split with your server subnet.  That should all just work.  If not, show pics of the Edit of the related Interface definition and of the new RED definition.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • well i was going to try this but i can't, red device has been disabled as seems somebody else registered the device , i guess i shouldn't have posted the device id and unlock code :(

• You should get in touch with Sophos Support.  With a proof of purchase they should be able to fix you up.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You should get in touch with Sophos Support.  With a proof of purchase they should be able to fix you up.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data