This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LAB VLAN in Main Office hast to be routed to the RED of the Branch Office.

Hi All,

We are thinking about creating a Testing-Lab in our Main Office.

The Branch Offices are connectet via Red15 and Red50, and are working fine. Each Branch Office has his own VLAN ID.

Is it possible to tell the UTM that a VLAN in the Main Office should be treatet as behind the Red? 

Example:

Main Office Lab has a VLAN Tagged to the UTM. The UTM has a Interface for that VLAN with a designatet IP in the Network of the Branch Office.

The Branch Office is connectet to the UTM via Red15, same vlan ID as the Office Lab. 

How can we make the UTM route the traffic for this vlan between the interfaces? 

Purpose: We want prepare the Hardware for the Branch Office in the Main Office, so as if we where at the Branch Office.

Is this possible?

Thanx.

WippRo

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You can try bridging a RED interface with a VLAN interface. I think it should just work fine altough I haven't tried this.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Hi,

you gave me the hint. One Red was as Ethernet configured. Changed it to Ethernet VLAN with the same ID as the Network in the Main Office. 

I have now the VLAN Tagged to the Branch Office.

Thanx.