This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS 11

Hi,

My college uses a captive portal web based authentication system on a Sophos UTM on their Wi-Fi. Since updating to iOS 11 when I connect it connects for a few seconds and gets a DHCP lease and then the connection just drops. Before I have a chance to login. They were able to reproduce the issue and said it's an iOS 11 issue then and I'd just have to wait for Apple to fix the bug. I don't think they're going to raise it with Apple or Sophos.

Has anyone had issues like this? I'd appreciate any input.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are experiencing exactly the same issue at multiple sites. All sites have Sophos SG430 UTMs with firmware 9.503-4.

We have a Ruckus wireless and various WLANs for teachers, students and guests. Students connect to a password protected WLAN (WPA2 and TKIP+AES) and then connect to the internet via the Sophos captive portal authenticated via Active Directory.

Students are able to connect to the WLAN but then the connection drops. A workaround is to set the proxy to automatic which by default is set to off in iOS11. Once this is set to automatic the wifi connection remains but after launching a browser students are not presented with the Sophos captive portal and they are unable to browse the internet.

I will report this issue to Sophos support and provide some feedback.

• Unknown said:

We are experiencing exactly the same issue at multiple sites. All sites have Sophos SG430 UTMs with firmware 9.503-4.

We have a Ruckus wireless and various WLANs for teachers, students and guests. Students connect to a password protected WLAN (WPA2 and TKIP+AES) and then connect to the internet via the Sophos captive portal authenticated via Active Directory.

Students are able to connect to the WLAN but then the connection drops. A workaround is to set the proxy to automatic which by default is set to off in iOS11. Once this is set to automatic the wifi connection remains but after launching a browser students are not presented with the Sophos captive portal and they are unable to browse the internet.

This issue seems to have disappeared. Not sure if it was a Sophos UTM or an Apple iOS 11 update.

• Unknown said:

We are experiencing exactly the same issue at multiple sites. All sites have Sophos SG430 UTMs with firmware 9.503-4.

This issue seems to have disappeared. Not sure if it was a Sophos UTM or an Apple iOS 11 update.

Children
No Data