This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS 11

Hi,

My college uses a captive portal web based authentication system on a Sophos UTM on their Wi-Fi. Since updating to iOS 11 when I connect it connects for a few seconds and gets a DHCP lease and then the connection just drops. Before I have a chance to login. They were able to reproduce the issue and said it's an iOS 11 issue then and I'd just have to wait for Apple to fix the bug. I don't think they're going to raise it with Apple or Sophos.

Has anyone had issues like this? I'd appreciate any input.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • HTTP/2 should be irrelevant for his problem, which seems to be with DHCP.  Only the school admin could say for sure.

HTTP/2 is supposed to be optional.   When UTM is in the middle of the connection, it is supposed to clear the "HTTP/2 capable" header, so that the connection operates in regular HTTP where UTM can inspect it.  It would be interesting if someone can show that this predicted behavior does not match reality.

• It's not a DHCP issue as the phones receive an IP address from a DHCP server, either the UTM DHCP server or a Windows server on another subnet.