This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS 11

Hi,

My college uses a captive portal web based authentication system on a Sophos UTM on their Wi-Fi. Since updating to iOS 11 when I connect it connects for a few seconds and gets a DHCP lease and then the connection just drops. Before I have a chance to login. They were able to reproduce the issue and said it's an iOS 11 issue then and I'd just have to wait for Apple to fix the bug. I don't think they're going to raise it with Apple or Sophos.

Has anyone had issues like this? I'd appreciate any input.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I wonder if it fails the same way on both wireless and wired connections.  Do you have a way to test wired mode?

• I'm not sure if I understand the question but this is specifically a wireless issue with Apple iPhone devices with iOS 11 connecting to networks protected by a Sophos UTM, an SG330 in our case. An iPad with iOS 11 could also be a problem but we haven't heard any reports yet. I don't know how you can have a wired connection to a phone.

Everyone on the wired UTM authenticating networks have no issues. Android devices are fine. Apple IOS 10.3.3 devices and anything under is fine. People with older IOS revisions were fine, until they updated to 11 within the past few days. Everything is and was fine unless you have iOS 11.  

There were reports of issues in the Apple development forums in July for beta versions of iOS 11 but they didn't really go anywhere.

• I'm not sure if I understand the question but this is specifically a wireless issue with Apple iPhone devices with iOS 11 connecting to networks protected by a Sophos UTM, an SG330 in our case. An iPad with iOS 11 could also be a problem but we haven't heard any reports yet. I don't know how you can have a wired connection to a phone.

Everyone on the wired UTM authenticating networks have no issues. Android devices are fine. Apple IOS 10.3.3 devices and anything under is fine. People with older IOS revisions were fine, until they updated to 11 within the past few days. Everything is and was fine unless you have iOS 11.  

There were reports of issues in the Apple development forums in July for beta versions of iOS 11 but they didn't really go anywhere.

Children
No Data