This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Wifi on RED15W(standard/split) after UTM 9.502-4 upgrade on SG230 via UMTS

Hello,

we seem to have a problem similar to this tread since 9.502-4, which might be caused by this fix:

> Fix [NUTM-7962]: [WiFi] Split traffic not working for wireless clients on RED15w after upgrade to v9.5

Our setup worked well in 9.500 and 9.501.

In the RED Lgg we now have

> {IP of WIFI AP in RED15w} RED: <INFO> WAN port: no cable plugged

This is correct so far, since we do not use the WAN port at all, the RED is online only via a Huawei LTE stick in the USB port.

The RED itself comes online, is reachable and stations connected to the LAN ports behave as usual. Also the access point is shown as active in the UTM console with no errors.

However connection via the WIFI (bridged to the RED LAN interface) seems to be broken.

Is this known behaviour, how can it be fixed?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just a guess - I would try to fix this by deleting the RED and then re-defining it.  Don't forget to take a picture of the definition so that you have the Unlock code!  Any luck with this?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you for your response. I just tried it with no sucess.

I think the problem is "Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade" which comes with the NUTM-7962 fix.

Maybe after the fix WiFi APs (as the one integrated in the RED15w) behave differently in regard to the default gateway.

Remember, the usual default port in Split mode (the WAN interface of the RED) ist not available, we are permanently on UMTS.

For now we use the LAN interface of the RED, which is working as expected.

However using the Wifi adds an extra level of comfort our useres miss right now (in particular with mobile phones), wo we're looking for a fix.

Maybe 9.503 (which might be just around the corner) or the the 9.6 Beta will make the wifi work again.

Greetings

• Thank you for your response. I just tried it with no sucess.

I think the problem is "Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade" which comes with the NUTM-7962 fix.

Maybe after the fix WiFi APs (as the one integrated in the RED15w) behave differently in regard to the default gateway.

Remember, the usual default port in Split mode (the WAN interface of the RED) ist not available, we are permanently on UMTS.

For now we use the LAN interface of the RED, which is working as expected.

However using the Wifi adds an extra level of comfort our useres miss right now (in particular with mobile phones), wo we're looking for a fix.

Maybe 9.503 (which might be just around the corner) or the the 9.6 Beta will make the wifi work again.

Greetings

Children
No Data