This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Connect to RED15

Hi Everyone

We have UTM9 configured with two external NICs and one internal NIC. 

External NIC #1: Managed Internet WAN with PPTP port only open. Connected to router and behind an external IBM firewall. 

External NIC #2: Directly connected via IPoE. No external Firewall, and confirmed no external ports are blocked via ISP.

Via NIC #2 we have SSL VPN which is working great (only connects via UDP not TCP) 

The problem:

1. Unable to access user portal via NIC#2 external IP address. (Yes user portal access is set to *any* network. and can access the portal via external ip on internal network)

2. Unable to ping external IP address

3. Unable to sync RED15 device (have plugged into internal network, connects, gives DHCP etc fine - any network otherwise it doesn't connect)

4. I have researched and researched and haven't come up with any solutions.

Anything I am doing wrong?

*edit*

I have followed Rulz #1 

Can see the pings in Firewall Log from external network. 

[SYN] len=60 ttl=64 tos=0x00

[ACK SYN] len=60 ttl=64 tos=0x00

Ping from external IP shows failed ping

IPS is off

Web Filtering is off

Intrusion Protection is off

Advanced Threat Protection is off

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Josh, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since you posted this in the RED forum, I'll assume that your #3 is really your only question.  Sachin explained why the other items were not related to your problem.  And, as he said, #3 is confusing...

Show a simple stick diagram of where the RED is relative to the UTM.  It sounds like you have it connected to an internal subnet or ???  Also, show us a picture of the definition open in Edit.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Josh, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since you posted this in the RED forum, I'll assume that your #3 is really your only question.  Sachin explained why the other items were not related to your problem.  And, as he said, #3 is confusing...

Show a simple stick diagram of where the RED is relative to the UTM.  It sounds like you have it connected to an internal subnet or ???  Also, show us a picture of the definition open in Edit.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data