This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED: Enable HTTP proxy auto configuration

Can anyone provide me with some background information on the option Enable HTTP proxy auto configuration in DHCP/Advanced for a RED.

Help says a pac file is provided, but where or how. An option 252 via DHCP is not automatically bound with that, at least in my test.

Screenshot attached (sorry only german)

So to use of a (standard-)proxy via RED what steps else would be necessary? Allowed networks in webfilter is set. The usage of automatic proxy configuration of browsers is the aim.

Thanks in advance

Alex

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Alex, you can configure the PAC file on the 'Misc' tab of 'Web Protection >> Filtering Options'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Bob, thank you ;-) That's working already at HQ in LAN via internal interface. But somehow it doesn't work via RED. So I wonder for what this option is?

I mean for the 'normal use case' you have already to setup a DNAT because the UTM isn't serve wpad.dat or proxy.pac at port 80. This I found in the forum, not the manual or help text. So maybe there is something more specific to UTM?

Best

Alex

-

• Alex,

The online help says to configure the browser to get the PAC at http://IP-of-UTM:8080/wpad.dat.  Are the "Internal (Network)" clients getting DHCP from the UTM or from an internal server?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data