This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with IP Telephony via RED in Standard/Split mode

Hi all, 

we have a problem in a remote office with RED15 and VoIP. The idea is to manage some IP ranges by UTM  and all other traffic including VoIP is let straight to the Internet.

RED is configured in Standart/Split mode, "Split Networks" ranges are defined: 192.168.0.0/16, 213.197.184.11/32, 10.0.0.64/28

Is it possible that RED is blocking VoIP packets some way? In remote sight Internet cable is connected straight to RED device and VoIP phone is behind RED (no routers or etc.). This way IP  phone is not working. If we connect phone device straight to Internet line - phone works fine.

ISP is giving an instructions what ports should be open:

Outbound Proxy (registration) xx.xxx.138.68

SIP IP range     xx.xxx.138.64/29

RTP IP range    xx.xxx.138.0/28

Port 5060 TCP/UDP

SIP ALG function should be off.

But, as far as i concerned, this in nothing to do with our UTM settings, because all this traffic should go straight to the Internet..

Maybe some one already had similar problem, please HELP :)

Thanks.

BR, 

Rimas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Rimas, and welcome to the UTM Community!

"192.168.0.0/16" - that could cause problems.  You should limit this to just the subnets that the users behind the RED should be able to reach.  This is especially a problem if the subnet behind the RED is 192.168.0.0/16.

Please respond to Sachin's request.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

thanks for your reply.

We'd tried to limit these subnets, as You can see in previuos post - no good news.. :(

Also we checked port 5060, it is open..

BR,

Rimas

• Hi Rimas,

Thanks for the information. What is 213.197.184.11/32, in the split network. I see many host added in the Split Networks box of the RED configuration. Make sure these are only local networks behind the UTM. If this settings are perfect then, I don't think the issue is from the UTM or the RED as the internet traffic never reaches the UTM.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Rimas,

Thanks for the information. What is 213.197.184.11/32, in the split network. I see many host added in the Split Networks box of the RED configuration. Make sure these are only local networks behind the UTM. If this settings are perfect then, I don't think the issue is from the UTM or the RED as the internet traffic never reaches the UTM.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children