This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos 9.352-6 seems to ignore Multipath Rules sometime for RED Connections. Is this a new problem?

My Sophos UTM Installation 9.352-6 seems to ignore multipath rules in combination with RED connections. I put in a multipath rule (any -> any -> another sophos UTM) for Provider A (20mbit upload) only to find out that the RED connection sometimes switches to Provider B (5mbit upload) and i suddenly wonder why the connection is so slow ;) I haven't noticed such a problem before, does anyone else have this problem? it is the #1 multipath rule, the checkbox "skip on interface error" is NOT checked. Other Multipath rules seem to work.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • i have played around with this and appearently Firewall Rules in form of "Any - Any - Other Sophos" -> DROP will be ignored aswell for RED Connections. I have to put it like "WAN1 -> ANY -> Other Sophos" -> DROP to get it working. I have now changed the Multipath Rule to "Uplink Interfaces -> ANY -> Other Sophos IP" bind to interface WAN1 (Provider A) and will see how well that works. 

I have also noticed that a Multipath Rule for a specific VM will get ignored aswell (yes, the checkbox on skip rule on interface error is empty)

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

• i reinstalled the sophos and am now back on 9.351-3.
    From what i can tell is that multipath works for clients (not for red connections really though) and the "skip rule on interface error" gets ignored and is basicly non functional from that i can tell.

---

• Hi Ben,

have you been able to solve this issue? I am using UTM 9.441-3 and do have the same problem.

Greetings
    Felix

• Hi,

sorry, no, sophos utm itself ignores any multipath rules it seems in regards to red connections. (not sure about other modules, but i suspect too partly)

---

• Felix, please show a picture of the Edit of your Multipath Rule.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA