This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using location A subnet on a switch port at location B

Not sure if this belongs here or under VPN. I have multiple locations that are all connected via red tunnels. Each location has its own subnet. Everything works as it is currently setup - Location A can ping / access services, etc. from location B. VLAN traffic is passed as it should be.

Now for the tricky part - in "Location B", I need to put one of the ports on the subnet for "Location A". In other words, I'd like to be able to plug something into a port on my switch in location B and have it think it is in Location A.

I thought maybe I could just add an interface on the physical interface in the remote location and tag it as a VLAN and give it a static IP address from the Location a subnet. When I do that, it does't work - in fact it basically shuts off all traffic to between location A and location B. (as soon as I disable the new interface everything returns to working as it should.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.