This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 10 Rev3 "Could not change network interface settings - flash aborted"

Hey there, 

I'm just trying to flash a RED 10 Rev3 because it doesn't work correctly anymore.

I've flashed REDs and APs several times successfully, but this time it doesn't work. This is what the log says:

Firmware folder C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\Tools\RED and AP Recovery\Firmware\ already exists
TFTP: server created; path is C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\Tools\RED and AP Recovery\Firmware\
TFTP: server started
Successfully fetched network information
LAN-Verbindung - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection interface selected
Could not change network interface settings
Flash aborted

OS is Win7 x64, there's no Antivirus Software installed, Windows Firewall is completely deactivated, I run the software as administrator and I even tried the same on a fresh installed Device - same error there. 

Has anyone got an idea? [:S]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I know, this is an old thread, but I am experiencing exactly the same problem.
    Windows 10, firewall disabled, NIC with DHCP for IPv4 and IPv6.

Was there a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Markus

• Hi,

Seems the update bricked my red 10 also.

I have been experimenting with the recovery tool and the reason for the "Could not change network interface error" is that when the LAN connection is deemed "Unplugged" the recovery application will not change the network settings. I proved this by plugging my laptop into a switch and when the LAN was connected the recovery tool operated correctly (apart from discovering the red box of course)

So it seems this firmware has bricked the red device so much its not bringing up its LAN interfaces thus not allowing the recovery tool to recover the red device.

Hope this assists.

Good luck (I just ordered a new red15)

Cheers, Mark

• Hi,

Seems the update bricked my red 10 also.

I have been experimenting with the recovery tool and the reason for the "Could not change network interface error" is that when the LAN connection is deemed "Unplugged" the recovery application will not change the network settings. I proved this by plugging my laptop into a switch and when the LAN was connected the recovery tool operated correctly (apart from discovering the red box of course)

So it seems this firmware has bricked the red device so much its not bringing up its LAN interfaces thus not allowing the recovery tool to recover the red device.

Hope this assists.

Good luck (I just ordered a new red15)

Cheers, Mark

Children
No Data