This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 50 and VLAN setup

Hi,

The RED 50 suports VLAN, but is this configuration possible?

LAN1: Normal network, as when it was in switch mode.

LAN2: VLAN 100 for other network.

As I can see all ports, even tagged or untagged, will send VLAN tagged traffic to the UTM, who act's as a bridge and will be sending VLAN traffic out on the UTM's LAN interface.

So I need to have a switch at the UTM end configured for VLAN to get two networks seperated behind the RED 50?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi

Basically I have found the VLAN support to go something like this. 

1. Bridge the desired RED interfaces with one ethernet interface in the UTM

2. In switch connected to the chosen ethernet interface "tag" all VLANs you want to use behind REDs.

3. Create VLAN interfaces in UTM for all the VLANs to be used and use the BRI of the red interface and ethernet interface as hardware. I always use ip addresses like 1.1.1.1 for the VLAN interfaces (as these do not matter when bridging) so I can be sure that these interfaces won't affect the routing in UTM.

4. Choose the correct configuration for the RED ports, like tagged or untagged and the VLANs

5. You may also need to enable the ARP broadcasts inside the bridge from the bridging          ->advanced

Br

Konsta
  • We had a PTP configuration before and now we are using a red, but with the PTP, I was able to have my connection plugged into my core switch and have a flat network and be able to pass VLans though the core. If I would like to bridge the red and and have it function like the PTP. Do you assign the bridge an IP address of the main VLan on the red side or IP address on the main Lan side?