This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Restart RED 50

Hi all,

Anyone know if have some command or option to restart the RED50 remotelly ?

thx.

Marc

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Marc,
     you can do this with the Webadmin; go into RED Management / [Server] Client Management and turn the Status to "off". Then the red_tunnel will be shut down and the RED reboots. After you turned it back "on" it shall come back.
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • Hi treskaan,

Thank you about the update, I thought that doing that I just stop the communication between the asg x red.

Its mean that when doing that the RED50 try re-connect and before try to re-connect the RED50 auto reboot right ?

thx.
  • Hi Marc,
    jep, if you switch it off in the Webadmin the RED reboots until you switch it on again.
    Greetings Andreas
  • If the problem is that the RED isn't communicating with the central Sophos box, then changing the settings on the Sophos box WebAdmin will have no affect.

I've seen it before were I can ping the RED from the office hosting the main Sophos router, but the RED for some reason no longer tries to update from the main router. In cases like this, some way of remotely accessing the RED directly to force a reboot would be helpful!