This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reset or reflash RED10 like an APxx

Today one of our RED Devices suddenly stopped working (no firmupdate or something else - just PLOP -> dead).

Now just the power LED (and the LAN Led if connected) are on and nothing happens. I disconnected everything from the RED, waited a hour and plugged in just the powersupply but nothing happens - just the power LED is on.

According to the blinkcodes sheets the unit isn't booting anymore.
Is there a way to reflash a RED just like an APxx or is there an other way to 'hardreset' such a unit?.

Regards
Manfred

Btw. Best thing about it is, that the warranty ended a month ago .. but that so typical for electronic devices.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Bruce,

thank you for your detailed suggestions - but the device does not pull an IP address (in fact there is zero traffic on the interface - tested it with an old autosensing hub and wireshark) - I think that part of the device is dead. Maybe I can use it as a 250eur-unmanagedfourportswitch.. ;-)

I've also found that astarosupport.org site and used the 'redalert.exe' tool and found the bin file - but i think thats for a rev.2 device. But I will remember the redalert tool to check the RED-ability of a problematic site next time :-).

What I've found out is the RED v.1 seems to be based on something that is called Intel IXP435 platform. I found a manual the looks very close to the ingrediences of my RED but I can't understand enough of the content so that doesn't help me.

Regards
    Manfred
  • Sounds like someone let the magic smoke out... probably time for a replacement, unfortunately [:(]

Note that you can purchase a 2-year warranty extension for a new unit rather inexpensively, and it also gives you next-day advanced replacement -- check with your reseller (I know this is available in the U.S. -- many of my customers buy it, but not sure of your locale and what is available there).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Sounds like someone let the magic smoke out... probably time for a replacement, unfortunately [:(]

Note that you can purchase a 2-year warranty extension for a new unit rather inexpensively, and it also gives you next-day advanced replacement -- check with your reseller (I know this is available in the U.S. -- many of my customers buy it, but not sure of your locale and what is available there).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data