This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to reset a RED with an invalid static IP?

I've got a RED that I need to redeploy but it has an invalid static IP.   Is there a way to 'reset' it without jumping through hoops?   The manual implies that it will fall back to DHCP but this doesn't seem to be the case.  It just keeps rebooting and flashing the System and Internet lights.

The only thing I can think of is to fake the invalid network with another NAT router.   I would like to avoid this if possible.... I'll need to do this quite often as I will have 30 REDS deployed with static IPs.

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If a RED can't connect to neither ASG or provisioning service with its static config, it will do a one-shot DHCP fallback. But due to the connection checks timing out this can take 3-4 minutes, so you have to be patient.
  • If a RED can't connect to neither ASG or provisioning service with its static config, it will do a one-shot DHCP fallback. But due to the connection checks timing out this can take 3-4 minutes, so you have to be patient.
Children
No Data