This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to reset a RED with an invalid static IP?

I've got a RED that I need to redeploy but it has an invalid static IP.   Is there a way to 'reset' it without jumping through hoops?   The manual implies that it will fall back to DHCP but this doesn't seem to be the case.  It just keeps rebooting and flashing the System and Internet lights.

The only thing I can think of is to fake the invalid network with another NAT router.   I would like to avoid this if possible.... I'll need to do this quite often as I will have 30 REDS deployed with static IPs.

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have also this Problem - there´s a easy way to shoot down a Static - IP RED - just made the failure setting Device and Interface config to Mask /32 - this was uploaded to the RED and since then there is no way to get a new config to the red

Have anybody an idea how to reset the RED?

Thank you very much.
  • Ask and Ye shall receive -- I had to do this to a unit (which later turned out to just be defective)...

There is one way to completely blow the configuration from the RED and force it to go out the provisioning server to pull a new config, as just using the unlock code may not work since the RED always goes back to the its previously connected ASG and if it finds that, it will be happy and not go out to find a new config.

The way I have it setup here is I just created a new interface on a spare NIC on our Astaro. Then create 2 PF rules:

1.) NETWORK -- ANY -- RED.ASTARO.COM -- AlLOW
    2.) NETWORK -- ANY -- ANY -- DROP

You could do it by the IP the RED gets as well but we just do so many here I found it easier to just create a new network for our warehouse.

Then just plug the REDs WAN port into that interface and let it sit, watch the PF log and watch it drop a few times then it will be back to its factory state and will go out to the provisioning server next time.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Ask and Ye shall receive -- I had to do this to a unit (which later turned out to just be defective)...

There is one way to completely blow the configuration from the RED and force it to go out the provisioning server to pull a new config, as just using the unlock code may not work since the RED always goes back to the its previously connected ASG and if it finds that, it will be happy and not go out to find a new config.

The way I have it setup here is I just created a new interface on a spare NIC on our Astaro. Then create 2 PF rules:

1.) NETWORK -- ANY -- RED.ASTARO.COM -- AlLOW
    2.) NETWORK -- ANY -- ANY -- DROP

You could do it by the IP the RED gets as well but we just do so many here I found it easier to just create a new network for our warehouse.

Then just plug the REDs WAN port into that interface and let it sit, watch the PF log and watch it drop a few times then it will be back to its factory state and will go out to the provisioning server next time.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data