This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED15 "Default gateway is unreachable"

Hello,

we already connected several REDs to UTMs but this time it doesnt work. 

We are using a RED 15 Rev. 1. On the remote site we already configured the port forwarding (3400upd,3410tcp) and a simple transparent/split mode. 

If I plug in the RED then the system led starts to blink then goes solid. After that the router LED starts to blink and goes solid for about 10-20 seconds. After that the system LED starts blinking red and the router LED blinks green and after a few seconds everything resets and the same happens everytime. 

This site (https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/116573) says this error state means "Default gateway is unreachable. Static address settings may be incorrect, or DHCP server is configured incorrectly." but I dont understand why its happening. Every other device and every other RED before it just works. The DHCP server is working and gives a lease to the red with the correct gateway, dns etc. . Its also a real simple network with a UTM as a router.

Do I understand it correctly that the Sophos RED doesnt even reach the internet and so it cant even get its configuration from the sophos red servers?

I tried to connect to the console port but I couldnt find any information in the internet about the baud rate so I just got some gibberish. Also I cant find an option to reset it to its factory settings because this RED was already used in a test scenario where we had the RED in a "dmz" and connected it to an UTM in our LAN so I dont know if it still tries to find this UTM but as far as I understood it the RED should throw away its old configuration after a few minutes so this shouldnt be a problem. (btw yes I entered the unlock code on the remote site)

Has somebody an idea how to fix this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Would you please DM me the RED ID(serial number) of this RED 15? I would check when was the last time this RED connected to the RED provisioning server to fetch configurations. 

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

Maybe the ISP doesn't have DHCP enabled for the WAN connection.  If someone hooks a laptop/PC directly into the WN connection, does the device get an IP address?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA