This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No internet connection

Hello,

I bought Sophos 15w for our remote office.

I configured the device in our main office, by doing following:

I connected it to our modem with a static IP, and configured the device (as a static IP in the uplink mode, with the IP of our modem). I see it in the device management, and I have the unlock code.

After that, I disconnected the device, changed the uplink mode to DHCP, and sent it to our remote office. The remote office has a router, and not a modem (dyn. IP). Hence the DHCP uplink mode. Of course, they connected the Sophos to the WAN port. And it doesn't work.

The sequence is following:

Device is powered on - Power-LED and WAN led are steady - about 45 seconds later System LED turns on - 10 seconds later Router LED turns on - and if I understand correctly, now is the moment that Internet LED should flash or turn on, but it does not - the next thing that happens is that for a brief moment all at the same System flashes up red, and Router/Internet/Tunnel flash green, following by the brief flash of LAN1-4 and WAN, and the device goes back into boot mode (only Power is steady). The cycle repeats.

The only thing I can say for certain, is that the device obtains a lease from the router, which can be pinged. I didn't try anythign else.

What went wrong and how can I fix it without having the remote office send me the device back?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Have you checked in the DHCP lease and found that an IP has been leased to RED 15w? 

The Important thing, every time you change the configuration of the RED15w device in UTM9, it is uploaded to the RED server. RED device connected to the RED server every time it boots and check for any configuration changes. Now the sequence you've mentioned, where RED 15w keeps rebooting is when it does not have an Internet connection or it is not able to connect to UTM9 on RED tunnel.

Please note that RED15 uses TCP 3400 and UDP 3410 to connect to UTM 9. Make sure that your ISP or upstream devices do not block these ports. For more information, you may refer to this Sophos UTM: RED (Remote Ethernet Device) technical training guide Hope this helps.

Regards

Jaydeep

• I ended up calling Sophos support, who deactivated use_unified_firmware. It’s a bug that was recently introduced, and will be fixed at some point. The RED connected at the moment the thing was deactivated.

Reply Children
No Data